My students are really engaged in creating podcasts for another class in Liberty, Missouri, USA. The topics that they are researching are:
- Effect on indigenous people of European settlement
- Wars Australia has been involved in
- History of places and buildings in Bendigo
- Photo tour with narration of Eaglehawk SC
- Being an Australian teenager
They are then required to write a script of about 10 minutes in total, edit it and put backing music to it. They are tickled pink at the idea of being heard by people on the other side of the world….and by the fact that they could feed their audience a pack of lies ie. “we ride kangaroos, but only in the mornings”.